Sunday morning sickness – Do you recognize any of these symptoms? If so, see the Great Physician immediately!
Morbus Sabbaticus or Sunday Sickness, is a disease peculiar to church members.
The attack comes on suddenly on Sundays. No symptoms are felt on Saturday night; the patient sleeps well and awakes feeling well; eats a hearty breakfast, but about church time the attack comes on and continues until services are over for the morning. The patient feels easy and eats a hearty dinner.
In the afternoon he feels much better and is able to take a walk, automobile ride, go visiting, talk politics and reads the papers; he eats a hearty supper but about church time he has another attack and stays home. He retires early, sleeps well, and awakes on Monday morning refreshed and able to go to work, He does not feel any of the returned symptoms until the next Sunday.
The peculiar features are as follows–
- It attacks only members of a church.
- it never makes its appearance except on Sunday.
- The symptoms vary, but never interfere with appetite and sleep.
- It never lasts more than 24 hours.
- It generally attacks the head of the family and continues to spread until every member is affected.
- No physician is ever called.
- It always proves fatal in the end to the soul.
- No remedy is known for it except repentance and prayer.
- Real heart-felt salvation is the only antidote.