The turkey shot out of the oven
and rocketed into the air,
it knocked every plate off the table
and partly demolished a chair.
It ricocheted into a corner and
burst with a deafening boom,
then splattered all over the kitchen,
completely obscuring the room.
It stuck to the walls and the windows,
it totally coated the floor,
there was turkey attached to the ceiling,
where there’d never been turkey before.
It blanketed every appliance,
it smeared every saucer and bowl,
there wasn’t a way I could stop it,
that turkey was out of control.
I scraped and I scrubbed with displeasure,
and thought with chagrin as I mopped,
that I’d never again stuff a turkey….
with popcorn that hadn’t been popped!!
- Cooking Thanksgiving dinner for the first time
- Finding the Thanksgiving Turkey
- Funny Thanksgiving quotes
- Grandma, I can hardly wait to see that turkey
- How to survive Thanksgiving at Liberal relatives
- Last Minute Turkey
- Stuff a turkey
- Thanksgiving Dinner Bribe
- Thanksgiving rules
- Thanksgiving Weather Forecast
- Things not to do at Thanksgiving
- Turkey Riddles
- Twas the Night of Thanksgiving