You know you’re from Tennessee if:
A funny list for those from Tennessee, and for those who wish they were
- You measure distance in minutes.
- You’ve ever had to switch from “heat” to “A/C” in the same day.
- You use “fix” as a verb. Example: “I’m fixing to go to the store
- All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect or animal.
- You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
- You know what a “VOL” is.
- You carry jumper cables in your car…for your OWN car.
- You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday
- You find 100 degrees Fahrenheit “a little warm”.
- You know all four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, still Summer and Christmas.
- You know whether another Tennessean is from east, west or middle Tennessee as soon as they open their mouth.
- Going to Wal-mart is a favorite past time known as”goin’ Wal-martin” or off to “Wally World”.
- You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good pinto-bean weather.
- A carbonated soft drink isn’t a soda, cola or pop…it’s a Coke, regardless of brand or flavor. Example: “What kinda coke you want?”
- Fried catfish is the other white meat.
- You understand these jokes and forward them to your friends from Tennessee (and those who just wish they were).