The farmer’s last will – A bittersweet last will and testament – what the farmer has to leave behind when his time comes …
The farmer’s last will:
- To my wife, my overdraft at the bank’maybe she can explain it.
- To my banker, my soul’he has the mortgage on it anyway.
- To my neighbor, my clown suit’he’ll need it if he continues to farm as he has in the past.
- To the ASCS, my grain bin’I was planning to let them take it next year anyway.
- To the county agent, 50 bushels of corn, to see if he can hit the market– I never could.
- To the junk man, all my machinery’he’s had his eye on it for years.
- To my undertaker, a special request’I want six implement and fertilizer dealers for my pallbearers. They are used to carrying me.
- To the weatherman, rain and sleet and snow for the funeral, please’no sense in having good weather now.
- To the gravedigger’don’t bother. The hole I’m in should be big enough.