Billions more in taxes – And to think, this was written *before* President Obama’s plan to ‘stimulate’ the economy with a *Trillion* dollar in more government spending!
The next time you hear a politician use the word ‘billion’ in a casual manner, think about whether this is who you want spending your tax money.
A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure into some perspective in one of its releases.
- A billion seconds ago it was 1959.
- A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.
- A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.
- A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.
- A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and 20 minutes, at the rate our government is spending it.
While this thought is still fresh in our brain, let’s take a look at what is happening with the 85 billion that we gave to A.I.G.
The first week after receiving the bailout money, they spent $440,000 on a retreat at a luxurious California resort on your tax money. When is the last time you vacationed at a posh resort anywhere?
And though reports show that Congress is upset and looking for answers, today’s news story tells of A.I.G. getting an additional $37.8 Billion to help it deal with a rapidly dwindling supply of cash.